This event has been postponed until further notice.
20th March 2020, Manchester
SEND Conference 2020 aims to provide a space in which to recalibrate your personal philosophy in relation to behaviour, as well as the intellectual capital which informs it; an opportunity to listen, reflect and debate, exploring the issues with a wide range of contributors, perspectives and contexts. And, as ever, to finish your day equipped with renewed energy, understanding and resolve in order to be best leaders for our learners.
The SEND Conference 2020 aims to:
- Identify, celebrate and disseminate the excellent practice which promotes effective outcomes for young people with SEND across the whole of the education sector
- Enrich, energise and inspire the leaders whose work impacts on the experiences and achievements of young people with SEND
- Provide time to reflect, share and network within a conducive environment
- Showcase NAHT’s role as a thought leader in the sector and to understand better members’ interests and challenges
- Ensure that leaders attending are better equipped intellectually, emotionally and professionally to continue their vital work when they leave than when they arrived
Who should attend?
School leaders in all types of schools and SEN support services, across Early Years, Primary, secondary and post-16 settings.
- Fintan O’Regan – Can’t learn, won’t learn and you don’t know me at all
- Professor Adam Boddison – The future for Social Emotional Mental Health and the SEND Code of Practice
- Joe Cook – Me, myself and Irlen syndrome
08:15 – 09:00 Registration and exhibition viewing
09:00 – 09:15 Introduction and welcome – Marijke Miles, Chair of SEND Council
09:15 – 09:45 Keynote speaker – Fintan O’Regan
09:45 – 10:15 Refreshments and exhibition viewing
10:15 – 11:15 Breakout session 1
11:25 – 12:25 Breakout session 2
12:25 – 13:25 Lunch and exhibition viewing
13:25 – 13:55 Keynote speaker – Professor Adam Boddison
14:00 – 15:00 Breakout session 3
15:00 – 15:30 Refreshments and exhibition viewing
15:30 – 16:00 Keynote speaker – Joe Cook
16:00 Conference close
Find out more and book your place
To find out more about what you can expect from the SEND Conference 2020, and how to book your place, please see the full event listing over at NAHT.